Cleaning your skin is essential for hygiene, but also to protect it and slow the effects of skin aging. Therefore, you don’t want to use cosmetic products saturated with chemicals: nature is full of natural ingredients that are just as effective.
RegardElle brought you the best natural answers for the popular question How To Cleanse Your Face At Home NATURALLY Every Day?
Remove your makeup naturally every day
The basic step to get clean and healthy skin is to remove makeup.
A step often skipped for lack of time and energy, sometimes we are just too lazy to do it thinking that it is not that big of a deal not to remove your makeup after a long day at work, at a party, or whatever is the reason that makes you put some makeup on.
Follow these simple and easy steps every day to remove your makeup, it only takes a few minutes and barely any energy, trust me!
- Moisten a cotton ball or a Reusable Makeup Remover Pad for truly ecological makeup removal.
- Pour a little herbal oil (sweet almond, olive, jojoba) on the cotton.
- Remove your makeup from your face and eyes.
- Rinse your face with a new cotton ball soaked in hydrosol adapted to your skin type:
- Mixed to oily skin: Nettle, witch hazel, or peppermint hydrolate.
- Sensitive skin: Lime blossom or Roman chamomile hydrolate.
- Damaged skin: Eucalyptus globulus, linalool thyme, or tea tree hydrolate.
You can follow this routine every time you put on make-up, it could be on a daily basis depending on how often you wear makeup.
Deep clean your skin every week
Every week, your skin needs a deep cleanse to remove dead skin cells, impurities, and excess oil from oily and combination skin.
✔️ Try a steam bath with essential oils
- The steam bath will open up your pores and soften dead skin cells for easy exfoliation.
- Boil 2 to 3 liters of water.
- Pour the water into a large enough container.
- You can add 6 drops of essential oils such as lavender, lemon, grapefruit, or rosemary. Lean over the boiled water container, cover your head with a towel, and leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Gently pat your skin with a clean towel.
✔️ Do a natural scrub
To deep clean your skin naturally, follow up with a natural skin exfoliation using natural ingredients. Here are some natural AND affordable exfoliators we suggest :
- Baking soda: 2 tablespoons mixed with a little warm water.
- Powdered sugar: 1 tablespoon mixed with the same amount of herbal oil.
- Grated coconut: 2 tablespoons mixed with 1 tablespoon of liquid honey and 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt.
Detox your skin with a natural clay mask
Finally, to clean your skin naturally, you can make a clay face mask.
Its benefits are multiple:
- On oily and mixed skin, clay will absorb excess sebum.
- On all skin types, clay will also work in-depth.
- It will remove toxins and, in exchange, give the skin its minerals and trace elements.
This is what is called “The adsorbent power of clay“.
Make sure you choose a clay adapted to your skin type.
Green clay: recommended for mixed to oily skins, it absorbs excess sebum.
Red clay: ideal for giving radiance to dull skin.
Yellow clay: recommended for mixed skin, it will balance the secretion of sebum in oily areas and nourish dryer areas. It can also be applied to sensitive skin with an oily tendency.
White clay: softening, it can be applied to sensitive skin.
To make your clay mask:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of green clay powder with a little warm water.
- Apply the paste in a thick layer to the face, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off before the clay hardens completely.
- To finish your treatment, apply a moisturizer.
Now your skin is perfectly cleansed!